Friday, April 17, 2015

Vintage Mother's Day Card

Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to welcome my new followers and to thank my old ones for continued support! I truly appreciate you all!!!

Here is my newest creation:


I used a piece of craft cardstock to create my background. I applied texture paste through Prima Damask stencil and after that layer was dry I covered everything with gesso to give it that aged rustic look. I distressed the edges to reveal some of that craft cardstock color...


The shabby bow is crinkled seam binding ribbon embellished with a vintage flower medallion.


The handmade flowers are decorated with pearls made with Spellbinders Flower diecut...


The sentiment was framed into this gorgeous Spellbinders Opulent Ovals diecut...


One more look at the card...

I am entering this card into following challenges:

Country View Challenges "Use Kraft Card" My background was created on a piece of kraft card

Frilly and Funkie "Springtime Die Cuts"

Scrap and Craft Inspiration Challenge "Tie It Up"

Vintage Stamping Challenges "Handmade Flowers"

Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges "Anything Goes Lace or Ribbon"

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge "Make Your Own Background"

I hope you enjoyed this post...
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by...






05/01/2015 UPDATE

I am thrilled to announce that my card was one of the Featured at Scrapping $ Fun Challenges!!!


41 comments:

  1. So pretty Samra! Love all the blossoms and fancy rhinestone embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Samra I love your cards and this one is one of my faves! Love the beautiful soft blossoms, fabulous bow and your amazing background! It's an amazingly elegant card, my dear!
    Hugs to you :)
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pure elegance. Such a gorgeous card!!! I love it! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maja, good to see you stop by :)

      Delete
  4. Your card just oozes elegance and so perfect for a Mothers card.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW... beautiful, Samra. Your flowers and bow are absolutely gorgeous... a perfect Mother's Day card!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please tell me how you do those bows, mine never come out looking like that!! Gorgeous card, I love white and grey together and you do it so elegantly.
    Hugs my friend,
    Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samra, dropping back in from Frilly and Funkie :) to say thank you for entering your beautiful card in our Springtime Die Cuts challenge, Hugs, Georgie - DT xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Georgie :)

      Delete
  7. What a completely dreamy card Samra!! White on white is such a difficult style and you have pulled it off with flying colours, wow!! Love the damask background and your flowers are just amazing!! That charm on your bow is such a beautiful eye-catching piece, a perfect embellishment for this elegant, chic work of art! happy weekend to you my friend. see you on the dance floor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, just saw your delicious thumbnail over at Frilly and Funkie! Thank you so much for joining us for our 'Springtime Die Cuts' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Pamellia :)

      Delete
  8. Gorgeously shabby chic,love the textured background and beautiful flowers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Samra, such gorgeous handmade flowers, thank you so much for sharing with us at Vintage Stamping Challenge.
    Irene x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is pure shabby chic elegance. Loving the flower spray.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Samra! It's so elegant and pretty, I absolutely love those flowers.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really glorious creation Samra, the tone on tone works beautifully with the flowers, thanks so much for joining in at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card, very elegant and love the shabby bow and beautiful flowers.
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowww; awesome Layout and Design.
    Thank you so much for your stunning Entrie by us
    at Scrapping4Fun Challenge.
    Hugs Sandra DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a pretty card! It's so versatile too, I think this would make a beautiful wedding card too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Becky :) it could go as a wedding card too, just swap the sentiment ;)

      Delete
  16. Just gorgeous Samra - wow... how did you make something so totally elegant out of "kraft"??!!!!!!!! :) Beautiful. j.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so elegant and delicate Samra! That stencilled background is wonderful. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete